10:30 am - 12:30 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
Oldbury Court Estate
Oldbury Court Road, Fishponds, BS16 2JH
Fishponds, England, GB, BS16 2JH
On this journey of discovery of Oldbury Court Estate, we will explore multiple habitats and the plants that grow in them, and learn the fascinating facts and practical uses of plants and trees around the Estate and valley.
We will look at the range of trees and plants that live on the Estate, that can be used for food, woodcraft, medicines and fire. Learn about which plants can be used as a wound dressing and antiseptic, trees are best suited to make walking thumbsticks, and practical uses of hard and soft woods. We will also identify edible and poisonous lookalikes, and sample some of the edibles along the way.
Walk distance – around 2 miles (circular), on uneven ground.
What to Bring?
Notepad, pen and camera, snacks and refreshments for on the day. Dress accordingly to the weather and wear sturdy footwear.
Additional Information – Please Read before Booking
Ticket price + Booking Fee
Ticket prices shown INCLUDE EVENTBRITE BOOKING FEE (£0.49 + 6.5% per ticket), which has slightly increased due to additional details needing to be collected for the NHS Test and Trace system.
This event is aimed at those over 12 years old. For children under this age, we recommend finding one of our Family based events, which includes family tickets.
Cancellation/Postponing due to Poor Weather
SE Outdoor Learning events take place outdoors, and therefore unfortunately we may need to be postponed or cancelled in the days leading up to the event if it seems that the weather will be too poor for it to be run safely. We will always aim to confirm cancellation of the event 24 – 48 hours in advance (though on very rare occassions, sudden weather changes may mean its closer than this). Please keep an eye on your emails and Facebook for information regarding this. If you cannot make the postponed date, please request a refund and we will be able to issue this for you asap.
As with other organisations and businesses, SEOL is taking a number of precautions to help keep you and us safe ,and are doing what we can to ensure we can now once again begin running walks and tours in a safe, comfortable and enjoyable way.
If an event is cancelled due to Government requirements, all tickets will be refunded in full.
For information on our risk assessments and COVID Safe procedures, please get in touch.
We ask you to please read through the following points before booking and help us all by following these guidelines and making sensible efforts to stay safe before, throughout and after the event. When booking tickets, you agree to following these guidelines.
- We will share contact details if requested with NHS Test and Trace. Contact information is stored securely within the Eventbrite booking system. If you feel unwell after the event, you MUST take a test and inform Test and Trace about attendance to the walk so we can pass on details of other attendees.
- You must not attend walk if you have any COVID symptoms OR FEEL UNWELL IN ANY WAY. Please inform us to any symptoms of non-infectious pre-existing conditions that could be confused with COVID so that we can be aware before the day of this. Anyone showing symptoms of any illness on or during the walk will be asked to leave immediately. We will also be enabling a more flexible refund policy for those who may need to cancel due to Covid symptoms.
- You MUST follow social distancing guidelines of 2m between people not within your own household. It is not our job to police this – this is everyones responsibility, please have some common sense and courtesy. We will be taking routes and stopping in locations where social distancing can be maintained.
- You must not socialise with others outside of your group.
- Please do not touch structures and gates unnecessarily.
- You may bring your own precautions if you wish i.e. face masks, although they are not required for the event as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Please wash hands before and after attendance, bring hand sanitiser and to follow general health & safety, and hygiene standards.
Please remember this is new and strange for all of us, and requires everyone to play their part in keeping us all safe and being able to enjoy activities once again. We look forward to seeing you on the walk!